The Cleveland Hockey Booster club was established in 1948. Originally the booster club was the official booster club of the Cleveland Barons. In 1972, the club became the Cleveland Crusaders Booster Club. We were named that until 1976. We then called ourselves the Cleveland Barons Booster club till 1978 when the team left Cleveland.
After the departure of the Barons, Cleveland went 14 years without a hockey team. The club then officially became the Cleveland Hockey Booster Club to show that in spite of having no local team to support the club would remain intact.
In 1992, the Cleveland Lumberjacks came to town. The club became their official booster club but elected to keep our name generic to reflect our support of all local hockey. The Lumberjacks folded in 2001 and another team was brought in to Cleveland. This new team was once again named the Barons and remained in Cleveland until 2005. There was a year gap between the Barons departure and the arrival of the Lake Erie Monsters. The CHBC is the official booster club for the Monsters and works closely with the hockey club to support their charitable endeavors.
What We've Achieved
- Our annual scholarship program for graduating high school senior hockey players.
- Donating to charities near to the hearts of both the booster clubs' membership and also the Lake Erie Monsters Community Fund.
- Volunteering at a wide variety of local organizations.
- Sponsoring children to participate in local hockey camps.